Monday, November 19, 2012

"I gotta go!" Daybook: Monday, November 19, 2012

Outside my window:
there is an airplane seat with my name on it just down the road and I've gotta hustle, so this has gotta be quick.

I am thinking:
that as usual I packed too much footwear.

On my iPod:
 I do love you, Virginia and I love your people because now your people are my people, too.  This is the thing though.  We Texans, despite that unfortunate cheerleader mom murder debacle and the 114 degree August days, imagine that everyone wants to be a Texan.  I think it makes the husband a little bit tired.  Still, Lyle Lovett and I will just keep on believing it and singing about it.  It's just that Y'ALL AREN'T FROM TEXAS



I am going:
HOME, y'all!

Which means that . . .

I am feeling:
Just exactly like this:

*
 
 
and I didn't even pack my roller skates. 
 
"BE JOYFUL ALWAYS;  PRAY CONTINUALLY;  GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR THIS IS GOD'S WILL FOR YOU IN CHRIST JESUS."
-1 THESSALONIANS 5:18
 
 *Thanks to a friend from my hometown who allowed me to steal this photo of pure bliss from her Facebook page.  I have no idea who this little girl is, but I know that she is so thankful for her circumstances, since it was clearly a God-ordained circumstance that brought her those roller skates!  Can you EVEN stand it?  Have you ever seen such a big bowl of happy in your entire life?  I know. Doesn't she make you just full of glee?  Either that or you're like Kyle and you think she's creepy.  Just choose happy.  You're welcome.  I gotta goooooooo!!!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this post! I'm a misplaced Texan living in NC. You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take the Texas out of the girl!! Have fun at HOME!